Visiting Conservation Areas during COVID-19
GSCA properties are open daily from dawn until dusk*
*Skinners Marsh-McNab Lake Management Area (Compartment 109) will be closed due to a scheduled plantation thinning operation starting August 6, 2020 and is anticipated to re-open November 13, 2020. Massie Hills Management Area and a portion of Bognor Marsh Management Area will be closed due to a scheduled forest stand improvement operations starting August 10, 2020 and is anticipated to re-open on November 13, 2020. For more information, visit our Forest Management page.
*Please be advised that Eugenia Falls Conservation Area is open from 10am - 6pm daily. Visitors that travel out of bounds or enter the property beyond the hours of operation will be prosecuted.
We would like to remind everyone that amenities like washrooms and garbage receptacles may not be available, so please plan your visit accordingly.
BBQs are currently not permitted on GSCA properties.
See our properties and permitted uses map download or interactive map, our brochure or visit our Conservation Areas page for details on these properties.
Tips to remember while navigating nature during COVID-19:
- Amenities like washrooms and garbage receptacles may not be available, so please plan your visit accordingly.
- Explore close to home to limit non-essential travel.
- Maintain physical distancing when on the trails.
- Avoid touching surfaces.
- Take all garbage home, including dog waste.
- Be sure to check this page regularly for updates before you plan your hike.
- Be mindful of other trail users and limit your time to share the resources.
- Enjoy all the physical and mental health benefits of being in nature at GSCA’s properties again!