Grey Sauble owns and maintains several dams throughout our Watershed. Two Structures that are flood control structures are the Clendenan Dam on the Beaver River (to prevent sheet ice from moving downstream into the Village of Clarksburg and The Taylor Street Detention Pond (a 2 hectare stormwater detention pond built near Wiarton, to store water to reduce peak flows within the Taylor Street Creek that flows through the town.
The other dams are classified as recreation dams. They maintain water levels for wildlife, recreation and fisheries. These dams are: Rankin, Owen Sound Mill Dam, Inglis Falls, Bognor Marsh, Shallow Lake, Berford Lake and Haines.
- Current Watershed Conditions
- Flood Forecasting, Warning & Low Water Monitoring
- Dams & Flood Control
- Water Quality & Benthic Monitoring
- Watershed Monitoring / Data Collection
- Watershed Report Cards
- Working In or Around Water?
- Home Flood Protection